The abstract submission deadline for ICE/ECE 2012 is fast approaching so here is your whistle-stop guide to submitting your abstract to the Congress. ICE/ECE 2012 is a prestigious joint meeting where endocrinologists from around the globe will come together to discuss the latest advances in the discipline. The International Congress only runs every other year so don’t miss this opportunity to showcase your work to a worldwide audience!
Abstract submission is open now and will remain open until the submission deadline of 6 January 2012. We will be unable to accept any abstracts after this date, so make sure you don’t miss out on this unique opportunity! We are looking to showcase the most interesting and novel work from endocrine researchers around the world as oral or poster presentations. To this end, all submitted abstracts must contain data and results from either original research or a significant audit. We will also accept case reports which provide novel insights into clinical practice.
Abstracts should be submitted online at: http://www.ice-ece2012.com/abstracts.aspx. Further details on the abstract submission process are available via the link above. If you haven’t used this system before, you will first need to register your details. You can make changes to your abstract any time up until the submission deadline via the online portal.
All abstracts accepted by the Congress will also be published online and in Endocrine Abstracts.
When submitting your abstract, make sure you follow our handy check-list below:
- Make sure your abstract is no longer than 300 words (including numbers and symbols).
- Make sure you haven’t included the author names in the title or body of your abstract.
- When submitting your abstract, read the online instructions carefully to ensure you fill out all the required fields. If your submission isn’t complete, we will not be able to accept it.
- Decide if you would like to submit your abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation.
- Decide which category to submit your abstract to. There are 26 category options to choose from and these are as follows: Adrenal cortex (to include Cushing’s); Adrenal medulla; Bone & osteoporosis; Calcium & vitamin D metabolism; Cardiovascular endocrinology and lipid metabolism; Clinical case reports - pituitary/adrenal; Clinical case reports - thyroid/others; Developmental endocrinology; Diabetes therapy; Diabetes complications; Diabetes (to include epidemiology, pathophysiology); Endocrine disruptors; Endocrine tumours & neoplasia; Female reproduction; Growth hormone IGF axis – basic; Invited programme speaker; Male reproduction; Neuroendocrinology; Paediatric endocrinology; Pituitary – clinical; Pituitary – basic; Obesity; Steroid metabolism & action; Nuclear receptors & signal transduction; Thyroid (non-cancer); Thyroid cancer.
Remember, the abstract submission deadline is 6 January 2012. All submitted abstracts will be marked “blind” by an international panel of experts. You will be contacted in February 2012 to inform you i) if your abstract has been accepted and ii) if so, if it has been accepted for an oral or poster presentation.
- Don’t forget that the ESE Meeting Grant, worth up to €400, is available and basic scientists can apply for the ESE Basic Science Meeting Grant, worth up to €450, through the abstract system. Further information is available at http://www.ice-ece2012.com/awards.aspx
More information on the abstract submission process is available at: http://www.ice-ece2012.com/abstracts.aspx. If you have any queries on this process, please contact the congress secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0)1454 642 240.
We look forward to receiving your abstract!