ICE/ECE 2012, this year’s must-attend conference on endocrinology, is just around the corner, and we can’t wait! We’ve got a fantastic programme lined up covering the latest and best clinical and basic research on hormones from around the world, and on top of this ICE/ECE 2012 will feature a number of innovations to help you get the most out of what promises to be a top-class conference. Here are some last minute reminders of what’s going on and why ICE/ECE 2012 is the place to be for anyone and everyone in endocrinology:
· If you have pre-registered don’t forget to print out your badge and bring it along. Those who haven’t registered already can do so on-site during the Congress.
· The Congress is kicking-off on Saturday with two prize lectures: The Geoffrey Harris prize is awarded to Professor Jonathan Seckl (UK) and the European Journal of Endocrinology prize to Professor Sadaf Farooqi (UK). Have a look at the programme at http://www.ice-ece2012.com/programme/prog.aspx to find out about the other superb lectures and presentations that await you.
· We are delighted to bring you the ICE/ECE 2012 Congress App, which is supported by iPad, iPhone, Android and Blackberry platforms and features an interactive programme, Congress venue map and networking tools to enable you to get the most out of your time in Florence. The app can be accessed from your mobile device at http://tinyurl.com/7zyqer9.
· You can display your ICE/ECE 2012 poster online using the Congress e-poster tool. Upload it now at http://ice-ece2012.abstractcentral.com/ or wait until the Congress where you’ll be able to use our internet cafe.
· To keep up with the buzz, and have your say, follow the Congress on Twitter with the hashtag #iceece12.
· Tickets are still available for the Congress Dinner and the Congress Concert. To book, please contact the Congress secretariat at email@example.com or visit the registration desk onsite.
· We will be producing daily news updates from the Congress to keep you informed on all the latest news and events. These will be emailed direct to your inbox and will also be available on the Congress website and Congress app.
· Abstracts from ICE/ECE 2012 are published in Endocrine Abstracts Vol 29 (provided free to all delegates), and will also be free to view online at http://www.endocrine-abstracts.org/browse/Issues.aspx.
· To find out more about ESE activities please come along to the ESEs stand 12 in the main exhibition area.
We hope you enjoy your time in the wonderful city of Florence. See you next week!